SOIL MECHANICS AND FOUNDATIONS
BY MUNI BUDHU - 3RD EDITION
FREE DOWNLOAD PDF
- The first is to present basic concepts and fundamental principles of soil mechanics and foundations in a simple pedagogy using the students’ background in mechanics, physics, and mathematics.
- The second is to integrate modern learning principles, teaching techniques, and learning aids to assist students in understanding the various topics in soil mechanics and foundations.
- The third is to provide a solid background knowledge to hopefully launch students in their lifelong learning of geotechnical engineering issues.
- Topics are presented thoroughly and systematically to elucidate the basic concepts and fundamental principles without diluting technical rigor.
- A large number of example problems are solved to demonstrate or to provide further insights into the basic concepts and applications of fundamental principles.
- The solution of each example is preceded by a strategy, which is intended to teach students to think about possible solutions to a problem before they begin to solve it. Each solution provides a step-by-step procedure to guide the student in problem solving.
- A “What you should be able to do” list at the beginning of each chapter alerts readers to what they should have learned after studying each chapter, to help students take responsibility for learning the material.
- Web-based applications including interactive animations, interactive problem solving, interactive step-by-step examples, virtual soils laboratory, e-quizzes, and much more are integrated with this textbook.
- INTRODUCTION TO SOIL MECHANICS AND FOUNDATIONS
- GEOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND PARTICLE SIZES OF SOILS
- SOILS INVESTIGATION
- PHYSICAL SOIL STATES AND SOIL CLASSIFICATION
- SOIL COMPACTION
- ONE-DIMENSIONAL FLOW OF WATER THROUGH SOILS
- STRESSES, STRAINS, AND ELASTIC DEFORMATIONS OF SOILS
- STRESS PATH
- ONE-DIMENSIONAL CONSOLIDATION SETTLEMENT OF FINE-GRAINED SOILS
- SHEAR STRENGTH OF SOILS
- A CRITICAL STATE MODEL TO INTERPRET SOIL BEHAVIOR
- BEARING CAPACITY OF SOILS AND SETTLEMENT OF SHALLOW FOUNDATIONS
- PILE FOUNDATIONS
- TWO-DIMENSIONAL FLOW OF WATER THROUGH SOILS
- STABILITY OF EARTH-RETAINING STRUCTURES
- SLOPE STABILITY